Position: Senior Java Developer
Cognitran Limited are an established Software Company headquartered in the UK with additional offices in Poland and the US; the position advertised will be based from our UK offices in Hatfield Peverel, Essex from where we service a number of our globally recognised clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior Java developer to play an active role in our expansion within the automotive sector.
We are looking for an individual with 5 years commercial experience developing software in Java within an Agile framework. The successful candidate will have worked on projects through a complete software development lifecycle from inception to delivery.
Aside from the development aspects of the position, the role will be enjoyed by an individual with an inquiring mind. We would welcome your creativity to help design and develop new features to enhance the functionality of our applications. Additionally, you will be expected to perform ‘deep dive’ investigations and analysis, suggest where improvements to code and infrastructure can be made and to continue the evolution of our software.
You will enjoy opportunities to work on both new and existing projects and be challenged to make a difference through your enthusiasm and self-motivation; bringing ideas to the table, facilitating change and helping direct Cognitran’s future.
You will be degree educated in computer science, or be able to show equivalent experience. You will be a self-starter with the ability to understand user requirements, develop these into units of work and be able to convey designs and concepts to clients. This role requires leadership, initiative and the ability to motivate, coach and continuously drive improvement in the internal team.
- Excellent Java SE 8 and Java EE knowledge.
- Strong presentation and communication skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively to non-technical audiences at a variety of organisational levels.
- Driven by a desire to solve complex design challenges using both logical and creative approaches.
- Effectively work together with Agile team members including product owners, RTEs, DevOps, business analysts and testers to ensure all features and User stories are delivered within an iterative framework.
- The ability to take ownership and strive to deliver a variety of technical projects with positive energy and a strong desire to succeed.
- Understanding of various Java web frameworks.
- Experience in working with Git, Gradle and other continuous integration tools.
- An enthusiasm for modern development methodologies including peer development, code reviews and TDD.
Your time will be split between the following locations:
|Cognitran head office:||Hatfield Peverel, Essex|
|Client Site:||Dunton, Essex|