Position: Junior Developer
Cognitran Limited are an established Software Company headquartered in the UK with additional offices in Poland and the US; the position advertised will be based from our UK offices in Hatfield Peverel, Essex from where we service a number of our globally recognised clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Graduate Java Developer to play an active role in our expansion within the automotive sector. We are looking for an individual with interest in developing software in Java within an Agile framework. This position will allow you to develop new skills and experience in engaging with external customers.
Aside from the development aspects of the position, the role will be enjoyed by an individual with an inquiring mind. We would welcome your creativity to help design and develop new features to enhance the functionality of our applications. Additionally, you will be expected to perform ‘deep dive’ investigations and analysis, suggest where improvements to code and infrastructure can be made and to continue the evolution of our software.
You will enjoy opportunities to work on both new and existing projects and be challenged to make a difference through your enthusiasm and self-motivation; bringing ideas to the table, facilitating change and helping direct Cognitrans’ future.
You will be degree educated in computer science, or be able to show equivalent experience. You will be a self-starter with the ability to understand user requirements, develop these into units of work and be able to convey designs and concepts to clients.
- Java SE 8 knowledge
- Presentation and communication skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively to non-technical audiences at a variety of organisational levels
- Driven by a desire to solve complex design challenges using both logical and creative approaches
- The ability to take ownership and strive to deliver a variety of technical solutions with positive energy and a strong desire to succeed
- Understanding of various Java web frameworks, such as Spring
- Experience in working with Git, Gradle, Nexus and other continuous integration tools
- An enthusiasm for modern development methodologies including peer development, code reviews and TDD
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity isn't just about being fair, a diverse team provides different perspectives which can drive creative solutions – this is good for team morale as well as for our customers.
Hatfield Peverel, Essex
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday