Position: Senior Software Developer
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior software developer to join an industry-leading Independent Software Vendor to play an active role in our expansion of product development in the automotive industry.
Cognitran Limited are an established Software Company headquartered in the UK with additional offices in Poland and the US; the position advertised will be based from our Polish office in Szczecin, Poland from where we service a number of our globally recognised clients.
You will have a minimum of 5 years of proven commercial experience in Java software development. The successful candidate will have experience working on projects following the whole product lifecycle, including a high level of client interaction / liaison.
Aside from the development aspects of the position, the role will be enjoyed by an individual with an inquiring mind. You will be expected to perform ‘deep dive’ investigations and analysis of our Cognitran software, suggest where improvements to code and infrastructure can be made to ultimately provide our customers with improved performance and stability of their global systems.
You will enjoy opportunities to work on both new and existing projects working closely with our multi-national client base.
You will be degree educated in computer science, or be able to show equivalent experience. You will be a self-starter with the ability to understand user requirements, develop these into strong design documentation and be able to convey designs and concepts to clients. This is a senior role requiring leadership and initiative along with prerequisite Java knowledge.
- Excellent Java SE 7+ and Java EE knowledge
- Strong presentation and communication skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively to non-technical audiences at a variety of organisational levels
- Driven by a desire to solve complex design problems or software bugs using both logical and creative approaches
- Ability to work alone, lead small teams, or liaise with other work streams to delivering software to rapid fixed deadlines
- Strong understanding of unit testing as part of the software development cycle, following Test-Driven-Development
- Understanding of various Java frameworks such as: OSGi (Equinox / Felix), SWT
- Understanding of web application frameworks, such as Struts, Spring/MVC, EJB 2/3, JPA, SQL
- Previous experience working with Agile methodologies, working with teams across multiple time-zones