Position: Graduate Developer
Cognitran is an industry-leading software company with a variety of clients, predominantly in the automotive sector. We are looking for a Graduate Java/J2EE developer to work with a variety of clients, predominantly in the automotive sector.
Successful candidates will have an opportunity to work in an exciting environment and gain exposure to a variety of technologies (e.g. Java EE, EJB, Struts, Spring, JPA, Hibernate, SQL & jQuery). Additionally, candidates would gain valuable commercial experience and further their technical skills.
The successful candidate will commence their role within a team of developers with varying experience. This environment provides opportunities for you to grow, develop your skills and offers prospects for progression within the team.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related subject. Modules to have been completed or similar to:
- Programming Language Design & Implementation – focus on core principles of how and why languages are designed and the implementation of common language idioms.
- Empirical Evaluation in Software Engineering – useful for accessing scenarios, particularly with estimates. Also useful for requirement elicitation and understanding Data Driven Systems – good understanding of database architecture
- A software project, to show and talk about their decisions and depth of understanding.
Candidates without a degree but able to demonstrate sufficient Java/J2EE experience and skills will also be considered for this position.
- MVC Frameworks
- JBoss Application Server
- Source version control (e.g. Subversion or Git)
- Unit Testing (JUnit)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity isn't just about being fair; a diverse team provides different perspectives which can drive creative solutions – this is good for team morale as well as for our customers.