Digital Service Checksheet
With so much advanced technology loaded onto today’s vehicles it’s ironic that the one regular interaction between dealers and customers is often paper based and unsophisticated. The Digital Service Checksheet (DSC) brings this important point of contact with your customers up to date.
Vehicle and mileage-specific service content is displayed and checked off by the technician on a tablet. The completed service checksheet information is sent to the customer via email or SMS and retained on the Digital Service Record of the vehicle.
No More Generic Checksheets
Generic paper based checksheets can be confusing for customers and can also lead to errors with relevant service items being missed. This legacy process also creates additional administration as paper records need to be copied and filed. Customer copies often get mislaid or detached from the service history. Cognitran has been at the forefront of vehicle specific service data for many years. The Cognitran After Sales Portal, ITIS, has been used by OEMs for many years to create vehicle-specific paper checksheets. The Digital Service Checksheet takes this process to the next stage by replacing paper with a tablet screen and a fully digital platform.
The Electronic Service Checksheet provides a rich data stream that OEMs can use to track customer loyalty, missed services and campaigns. Data collection also allows more timely service reminders to be sent to customers. The system provides the opportunity to use real time data analytics to monitor activity across the service network and receive early warnings of rising concerns or common issues or misunderstandings.
How It Works
OEM authoring teams create the checksheet content in an XML authoring tool. The database handles translations and the matching of service items to vehicle specifications.
Based on permissions controlled by the OEM, authorised repairers access the relevant service content online according to the VIN or vehicle specification. Any customer specific requests are incorporated and full integration with the Dealer’s Electronic Vehicle Health System allows for inclusion of any work generated as a result of the Service Advisor process.
The technician checks off each completed service item via a tablet and the completed record is automatically saved and distributed. The owner receives automated updates as the car progresses through its service, improving communications and customer satisfaction.
- Personalised copy of the completed service checks via email or SMS.
- Information can be accessed any time via the Owner Portal.
- A clear and easy to understand record of the checks and actions completed.
- No paper records to retain or safeguard.
- Tracking of service progress.
- Improved residual values.
- Auditable record of every service, available electronically.
- Recalls and outstanding service items automatically included in the service schedule.
- Automated data capture from Electronic Vehicle Health Check.
- Automated data transfer to Digital Service Record.
- Improved business intelligence for reporting, analytics and campaigns.
- Fewer errors as only relevant service actions and checks are displayed.
- Efficiency - no paper handling, simple audit trail, task completion ensured.
- Supports skill development of technicians.
- Cost savings through automation and elimination of paper forms.
- Enhanced customer service.